02.14.2010 Weigh In

Weighed in this morning at 179. That is a half a pound down for the week. Eh. I got what I put into it this week for sure.

After contemplating yesterday's post I have come to the conclusion that I am not doing everything I could be to reach my goals. I was very gung ho at the beginning of the year, but have fizzled slightly the last two weeks. I have only tracked my food a couple of days during the last two weeks and my workouts the last week have been less than stellar.

Just trying to be real with myself, and all of you, I've gotten lazy! Well, it was a nice little break, but enough is enough. I have goals I want to reach. Lazy is not going to get me there.

So, for the next week i will:
  • Track calories every single day (hold me to that!)
  • Work out 5 days
  • Keep protein up because it helps me not feel ravenous; keep carbs lower, but allow a few things I haven't been to avoid feeling so deprived.
  • Drink my water! (I am terrible at this)
I'm in a really good head space right now. I believe I can do it and that feels awesome. I have figured out some important things the last couple of weeks; had some shifts in my thinking that will be beneficial to my goals. Quite honestly it's OK with me not to go whole hog in my weight loss efforts every single week, a few weeks slightly slack is OK. I don't mean backsliding into bad habits, that's not OK with me. But I just haven't hit the workouts and food tracking as hard as I know I need to in order to get the results I want. I haven't gained weight, but maintained my weight and I feel a little refreshed, renewed, ready to go at it hard again. I think it keeps me on track for the long haul. But before I slip off into lazy land permanently it's time to get back at it!

Have a great Sunday!