Kick Some Asphalt Challenge Week 1 Recap

By last count we have 19 participants in this challenge (counting me)! Woot! Go us! I will try to get a link list together for participants with blogs for next week's post.


First, my running recap:


Wednesday I had planned 30 minutes of running hills. There is a really great hill at my Dad's house and I usually just run up and down it. But with my Dad still recovering with his hand and all I didn't want to dump my boys on him, so I waited until hubby got home to run. Which wound up being late, so it was a treadmill run. Gotta say I heart Twitter. You throw a question out and are sure to get an answer right back! Wasn't sure what I should set my incline on for a hill run. Threw the question out and the answer came back: no more than 5. Worked for me! So I did intervals of 2 minutes running hills of 4 or 5 incline, 2 minutes running flat, 1 minute walk, repeat for 40 minutes. Still working on getting my lungs back to running shape since my hip injury, hence the walking portions.


Friday I did speed intervals on the treadmill for 30 minutes. I LOVE speed intervals. I LOVE to run fast! I did 2 minute run, 1 minute walk from 5.5 mph to 6 mph. Then I did 1 minute run, 1 minute walk for 7 mph, 7.5 mph, and 8 mph. Felt so awesome to get to 8, that is fast for me!


Then, today I did my 'long' run. I did three miles. Had to walk 3 times for one minute each time. Again, my lungs weren't quite there yet. Hopefully next Sunday I can hold the run for the entire 3 miles!


Proud of my week of running. I am very thankful that my hip isn't bothering me. As soon as my lungs catch up, I got this!


So how did you do? Did you get your three runs in? Did you love it? Did you hate it? Did you run outside? On the treadmill? Did you sweat like a pig? I did.  Give us your recap in the comments.


P.S. My loot from the sister challenge:



I am just a blogger, not a doctor or any sort of professional. What you read here are my personal experiences and opinions. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying a diet or new workout program.