INSANITY: First Impressions

Yesterday my sis/beachbody coach and I did one of the plyometric workouts from the Insanity set.


I. Am. In. LOVE.


Here's why:


  1. The workout was about 40 minutes long and I burned 431 calories doing it. That is comparable to running for me. I have not been able to find a workout that burns a comparable amount of calories to running. 
  2. It was a challenge...with a capital C. I can do jillian's Banish Fat Boost Metabolism all the way through and thought that was a good cardio workout...well I had to punk out at the end of a couple of moves on this one because I just couldn't go anymore. I see that as a good thing. Something to challenge me, make me reach. I was pouring sweat! This workout makes me step it up. Love that.
  3. I enjoyed it. Yes, it was tough and I was huffing and puffing and sweating buckets. But it was also fun to me. I especially enjoyed the jump moves. My fav was one where you go down like you're picking up a basketball and come up and jump like you're shooting it. Tiring yes, but fun.

So, there you have it. I heart Insanity. Dangit. Now I wanna buy it. 


Disclaimer: I receive no compensation for my posts on beachbody products, or referrals to my coach. But, if you're going to buy a BeachBody product might as well be from my sis ;)