Things I've Learned From My Fitbook

I think (read hope) I have figured out the stall in my weight loss. I have been tracking consistently with my fitbook for about four weeks now and it has really opened my eyes.

First, I've been eating too much. Too much of good healthy foods, but too much. Especially nut butters, hugely overdoing it there.

Second, I was so focused on strength training I wasn't getting in enough cardio.

Third, about once a week or so I am having a no good, incredibly awful, terrible, outta control eating day. Not sure what's up with that.

I think I have straightened out the first two. I am trying to be much more mindful about my portions, just because it's good healthy food doesn't mean I can eat 'til I'm stuffed! Also I need to pay more attention to my hunger cues. I have been so dysfunctionally disconnected from those for too long.

My half training has upped my cardio naturally and I'm adding a short cardio session to strength training days. I'm shooting for about an hour of working out each day I workout.

The last one has me a bit baffled. I don't know why I'm allowing this. Often it's been at a picnic, BBQ, or my parents' house. And it has been a choice. Every time I've chosen that behavior of overdoing it. Now that I know these are tough places for me I need to be much more mindful of the choices I make when I'm there. I think I've sort of had the, EH, attitude. But it's screwing up my hard work!

So, that's what my fitbook has taught me. Do you track? What does it show you/help you with?

Disclaimer: I'm not affiliated with fitbook in any way.