The Paleo Diet Experiment Starting Stats

I have read the previous version of The Paleo Diet; I just ordered this updated version.
Today is Day 1 of my Paleo Hype or Help experiment, and I have to say I'm pretty excited to go Paleo for a month. I feel very prepared and ready to make it a fun month (or longer, who knows?). I LOVE trying something new. First, my beginning stats:



Beginning Stats
Weight 177
BF% 32.5%
Waist 34.5
Right Thigh 21.5
Right Calf 14.75
Right Arm 12

I've back-slid a tiny bit the last week. It's been hot, I've been busy, blah blah I've been making excuses to myself. Enough. I am excited to have a little re-set here. My meals are planned, my cupboards are filled with healthy Paleo foods, I'm ready!

For my workouts during this experiment I will be training for my 5k and trying out some new Cathe workouts I ordered. Click here to visit Cathe dot Com. I'll also probably throw in some random workout DVDs here and there; I have several to review right now. I aim for 5 or 6 days of workouts. I'll track my workouts and my eating over at Adventures in Tracking if you're interested in exactly what workouts I do.


I've planned, I've shopped, I've prepared, now I just need to DO. So, is Paleo hype or help for weight loss? Let's find out!

My final 30 day results are here



I am just a blogger, not a doctor, trainer, or any sort of health professional. What you read here are my personal experiences and opinions. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying a diet, supplement, or new workout program.