Paleo Week 3 Weigh In

As usual, I'll just start with the numbers. My results on the Paleo diet so far:



Week 1 Stats
Weight 177
BF% 32.4%
Waist 34.5
Right Thigh 21.5
Right Calf 14.75
Right Arm 12


Week 2 Stats
Weight 176
BF% 32.2%
Waist 34
Right Thigh 21.25
Right Calf 14.75
Right Arm 12
Hips 42.5

Week 3 Stats
Weight 176
BF% 31.8% (using an Omron BF Monitor)
Waist 33.5
Right Thigh 21
Right Calf 14.75
Right Arm 12
Hips 42

I am baffled by my results (physical and otherwise) so far with eating Paleo. Weight loss has been only 1 pound total in 3 weeks, but I am losing inches like mad! I can feel it too. I feel thinner all over. My clothes are lose. My stomach is noticeably smaller! I've never experienced anything like this. Normally (for me) the scale and inches play nice. It's a good thing I did measurements as well as using the scale. 

I still feel fanfriggintastic and I'm not stressed out or obsessed over what the scale is doing. I have made peace with food and how I'm eating (you have no idea how incredible that statement is for me). It feels awesome. I don't ever remember feeling this relaxed about food and my weight. My husband commented the same thing last night. And also, apparently my moods are much more pleasant ;).

My eating patterns/behaviors overall are making some amazing changes. I haven't binged or even had the urge to binge AT ALL in the last 3 weeks. That alone amazes me. Like I said, I just feel at peace with food. That's the only way I can put it. I'm also learning to listen to my body and it's hunger/fullness cues again. It amazes me how much I used calorie counting as a crutch. I wasn't really paying attention to my body, I was just eating how much I 'should' eat. Now I eat when I'm hungry and stop when I'm full. When I'm not hungry I don't eat. Crazy stuff here. I've eaten past full a few times and felt it, didn't beat myself up, and moved on.

Whatever the results from this little experiment wind up being I plan to stick to some version of paleo/primal permanently. Next month I will be going full Primal (to see how I like that), then I plan to decide on what is best for me and my body (not to mention my family). I think there is a full spectrum of paleo/primal eating and people fall along it differently. I hope to find my 'happy place' on that spectrum. Mainly, I just have no urge to change how great I feel. So, we'll see where I wind up...



I am just a blogger, not a doctor, trainer, or any sort of health professional. What you read here are my personal experiences and opinions. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying a diet, supplement, or new workout program.