Goal Check

Why yes, that is a random picture of me and TJ at fitbloggin last year. No, not related to this post at all. Aren't we cute though? ;)
I had a mild freak out this morning when I realized it was the last day of January. How did that happen? This month flew by. It seems like a good time to check in on my 2012 fitness goals and see how I'm doing.



My fitness goals for 2012 are:

  1. Run 3 5ks. 
  2. Run a sub 30 minute 5k. 
  3. Do 1 pull-up and 1 chin-up. 
  4. Workout consistently. 5 days a week. 

What I did
January was a great month for me. I accomplished a lot in several areas of my life, including fitness and these goals. Goal 4, consistency, was my focus. I am happy to report that I worked out 4 or 5 days each week this month. As for goal 2 I did several speed workouts on the treadmill this month. In working towards goal 3 I have been focusing on consistent strength training.


What I did not
I didn't get my 5ks planned for goal 1. Also, I still don't have a pull up bar for goal 3. 


What I plan to do differently in February
First, I will sit down and plan my races. As far as a pull up bar, hubby offered to make me one. This will go on his honey do list for February. Lucky guy. Also, while I did get 4 OR 5 workouts in each week, I really want to have that be 5 workouts every week in February.


Overall I feel like I've made good progress for January. More still needs to be done and I look forward to focusing on those things in February. I've also decided enough is enough with putting off taking updated progress pics of myself. SO, February 14th...no matter what, I will have updated progress pics on here. It'll be my little valentine to myself.


How was your January? What do you hope to do differently for February?