Tuesday, January 1, 2013

The Secret To My Success: A Look Back At 2012



I was looking back through my 2012 posts and wondering to myself: what was different this year? Why did I make so much more progress this last year than any year previously? Why did I make it to the lowest weight I've seen in my adult life?

Was it Paleo? Was it Body Revolution? Was I magically just more motivated for 2012?

Honestly, I think the biggest factor was: I didn't quit.

In past years I was starts and stops, big pushes of "Let's do this!" and big jumps off the wagon. 

Throughout 2012 I kept making progress. I was diligent in my search for what worked for me and I just kept going.

I'm so thankful for that.

I'm grateful I didn't quit. I begin this, my fourth pregnancy, in a much happier and healthier place because I didn't quit.

It really is that simple.

I get emails almost daily with people asking my advice or wanting to know how I did it, how I lost the weight, how I went from a size 22 to a size 8... 



 Looking forward to 2013 the most important piece of advice I have for any of you beginning (or continuing) your fitness, weight loss, or healthy living journey is this: Don't ever quit.

Don't quit on you. Don't quit on your goals and dreams. 
Just. Don't. Quit.