Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Do You Detox? A Detox Smoothie Recipe

I am a firm believer that our bodies are built to detox, or cleanse, themselves. Every once in a while after a period of sickness or riotous food choices I do feel the need to give it a little help.

My thoughts on detoxing and cleansing and my detox smoothie recipe:


Ingredients:
1/2 cup almond milk (or coconut milk or other milk product of choice)
insides of 2 fresh aloe vera stalks
handful of fresh parsley
handful of fresh cilantro
1 teaspoon spirulina powder (I use Nutrex Hawaii)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries
1 scoop very clean protein powder (optional, but a good vanilla protein makes this very tasty)

This is very thick; if your blender isn't great you may need to add a little more almond milk to get this to blend well.

What's your view on cleanses and detoxes? Do them? Hate them?


Disclaimer: The spirulina powder used in this video was sent to me for review. As always any thoughts/opinions are 100% honest and my own.
Please note I am not a nutritionist or health professional. What you read are my thoughts and opinions.