Reebok Zig Carbon Review #LiveWithFire

A few weeks ago I received the Zig Carbon from Reebok to test out and review.
Basic info on the Zig Carbon:
  • Synthetic/mesh upper for comfort, fit and durability
  • Low-cut design for mobility with removable PU sock liner to cushion and accommodate orthotics
  • ZigCarbon outsole is designed for energy return with a full-length carbon fiber plate for flexibility through the forefoot and structured support in the midfoot
  • Forefoot and heel foam pods for excellent cushioning and shock absorption
  • High abrasion rubber outsole for increased durability
  • WEIGHTS LESS THAN 7.5 OUNCES
  • Duel-density ZigLite sole with a  prominent flex groove allows the carbon fiber plate to do its work
  • Maximized support adds structure while maintaining light weight
  • 180 degree heel-cup construction
  • Unique military-grade 100% carbon fiber plate
  • Nylon fused to open mesh upper for breathability and lightweight support

Over the past few weeks I've tested the Zig Carbons out in various workouts:
I did run/walk intervals on the treadmill in the Zig Carbon and also did a 2 mile run in them.
I did my strength training/weights workouts in them.
I even celebrated the fact that I can still reach my toes to stretch post-workout in my last trimester.
I found that I really loved these shoes for run/walk intervals on the treadmill. In the past I've discovered that not all of my running shoes work well as walking shoes, or for intervals. These were flawless for that purpose. I also really loved the solid foundation I felt these gave me for strength training/weight lifting workouts.

What I loved about the Zig Carbon:

  • Stability/support in a lightweight shoe
  • The look/color
  • Comfort
  • Flexibility for use in a variety of workout situations

The last year or two I've been working my way towards more minimal shoes. However, I've found during this pregnancy (especially the latter half) I'm wanting a bit more stability/support in a shoe. The Zig Carbon was a perfect fit for what I'm looking for in a shoe right now. They offer the stability and support I'm wanting while still being a more flexible and lightweight shoe like I prefer.


Disclaimer: I was sent these shoes for review. As always opinions are 100% honest and my own.