Not beating myself up, more laughing at myself.
I was so excited to start working on my fitness again, to lose the baby weight, to do. this. thing. I just knew that when I had the OK to do more I'd jump at the chance and be off and running (but not actually running...yet).
This week completely got away from me. Bottom line: I underestimated the power of sleep deprivation and the new demands on my time.
Not making excuses, just trying to figure out how to make this work.
|Random side note: I really want a rowing machine. Image from pinterest.|
Bust: 44 1/2
Clothing Size: 13/14
My goals for the past week and how I did:
- Drink more water. I was aiming for 3 liters a day and fell short most days, some days only managing a liter.
- Walk 20 minutes most days. I think I managed two walks.
- Postnatal yoga 2 or 3 times. I didn't even find the DVD!
- Track my food. My phone died (like bury it in the yard, dead as a door nail died. OK, I won't really bury it in the back yard. I'll recycle it or whatever it is that us hippie, green, caring people do with dead phones these days.). I had intended to track this week using My Fitness Pal on my phone. Instead of tracking on the computer or even just in a notebook... I didn't track.
- Bring variety back! I've gotten into a bit of a food rut. Still residing in said rut.
Ya, totally bombed. Not like me at all. I'm obviously struggling with getting back in the groove of things. BUT, today is a new day and this is a new week. Onward.
My goals for this week (I can do this, I can do this, I can do this...):
- Drink 3 liters of water daily. My plan is to fill my water bottles at night so that they're in the fridge and ready to go every morning.
- Walk 20 minutes 5 or 6 days. I'm going to try to do this first thing in the AM before the holy-cow-I'm-exhausted-feeling hits me.
- Postnatal yoga 2 or 3 days. Immediately upon hitting publish on this post I will go FIND said DVD.
- Get a phone. I've drooled over them for far too long and finally think I'm going to go with this one (I'm bad with decisions). Maybe not exactly health and fitness related, but tracking on my phone is easy and to do that I need...a phone. I also want to instagram my meals, workouts, etc. It helps me stay accountable.
- Get out of my food rut. Seriously, the same 2 or 3 meals every day? Getting old.
How about you? How'd your week go? What are your goals for this next week?
Disclaimer: I am not a trainer, doctor, or any type of health professional. What you read is not advice. Always check with your doctor or midwife for what is best for you.