My stats this week:
Weight: 196 (yep, that's a pound UP)
Bust: 44 1/2
Clothing Size: 13/14
That one pound gain doesn't worry me. My measurements are all the same.
This first 6 week period postpartum my focus isn't really weight loss anyway. I'm focused on healing.
With fitness I'm focused on moving again, working my way back rather than just jumping in with both feet at the 6 week mark. The walking and yoga has been perfect for this.
With nutrition I'm tracking to see where I'm at, not to keep myself at a certain calorie level. I want to know where I'm winding up calorie-wise on my own and also where I'm coming in nutrition-wise. Am I getting enough iron, vitamins, etc, etc.
My goals this past week and how I did:
- Drink 3 liters of water daily. I made this most days. Hooray!
- Walk 20 minutes 5 or 6 days. I did 4 days. I'll call that a win.
- Postnatal yoga 2 or 3 days. Did 2 days! I did have to modify the DVD a bit. There were a few poses my midwife doesn't want me attempting yet, but it felt amazing to do.
- Get a phone. Some unexpected expenses came up and I didn't order a phone, BUT hubby did manage to get my phone to come back on. Instagram was in and out (and I had to delete twitter and facebook to get it to work at all. I know, gasp!), but I was able to use My Fitness Pal and track a few days.
- Get out of my food rut. I'll give myself a C grade here. I did much better with dinners, but still in a big rut with breakfasts and lunches.
From tracking my food this week I discovered two things.
First, my food rut has meant my not getting proper nutrition. Though I prefer to get my nutrition from real food, I'm taking my prenatal vitamin again until I get that straightened out.
Second, I'm eating too much. Mainly too many nuts, which has my calorie level pretty high for me (even while breastfeeding). I'm not going to worry about this too much until the 6 week mark, but at that point I'll need to get a handle on that in order to lose fat.
My goals for this next week:
- Drink 3 liters of water daily. I still need to focus on this because I'm terrible at getting enough water while I'm breastfeeding.
- Hikes 4 or 5 days. I'm going to graduate my walks on the treadmill to hikes with the family. Not strenuous hikes, just walking the goats on our property. I feel ready to up things just a bit.
Where we hike. Baby O. loves her Moby wrap for hikes.
- Postnatal yoga 2 days.
The postnatal yoga I'm doing.
- Meal plan and make a grocery list for next week. Hubby and I are planning on doing the 21 Day Sugar Detox (I'll do another post on this) starting August 5th.
Next week will be my 6 week mark and I should have the OK to resume a more normal fitness routine (though I'll still be listening to my body, modifying where needed, and working my way back). I'm so excited to be able to ruuuuuuuuun! And I'm pretty sure my weights have missed me like WHOA.
|They look lonely, no?|
I still haven't decided which program I'll be blogging through. Programs (like Body Revolution, TurboFire, etc) work for me because I like the structure. Blogging through one helps me with accountability. It's all about finding what works!
Have you tried any new workout programs lately?
Disclaimer: I am not a trainer, doctor, or any type of health professional. What you read is not advice. Always check with your doctor or midwife for what is best for you.