Declaring a Monday


NOW is always a good time. 

In the past I had a (bad) habit of waiting for the first of the month, waiting for Monday, waiting for January 1st.... Then, then I'd start!

But it was just another excuse. No. More.

Confession time: I've had a rough time since Thanksgiving. Really lost focus, really made some not great choices. 

I'm declaring TODAY my new beginning. I have goals to reach. This year is not over yet. I choose to make December my best month yet as far as my fitness and healthy eating choices go. I will not use the holidays as another excuse.


Go with what works.

I'm a planner. It's what I do. It's what works for me. I used to think I should fight that, but now I see it as a strength and go with it. 

My plan for getting back on track this month:
  1. Move more. As I said in my Polar Loop post, I've set a goal of reaching 12,000 to 15,000 steps every day (and 10,000 on my rest day). I realize it's a big goal, but I like the challenge. I also like the healthy shift in focus. This doesn't mean I won't be working out, my workout will be in those steps somewhere!
  2. Lift. I've been struggling with lifting weights since Baby O. Mentally struggling. I feel weak. It discourages me. I don't lift. That stops now. Even if I have to go down in weights, I have to start somewhere! I love feeling strong. I want that back.
  3. Clean Paleo. I always eat Paleo, but when I'm trying to lose fat I have to clean up the Paleo 'treats' a bit. Lately I've been working on a billion Paleo treat (By this I mean things like Paleo 'bread', cookies, brownies, etc) recipes for The Paleo Homestead and there's been a whole lot of taste-testing going on! So, most of my meals will be a protein and double veggies this month. With a little fruit and some nuts (Sparingly. Nuts are often my downfall when attempting to lose weight) here and there.
  4. Accountability. One of the reasons I started blogging in the first place (was that really 4 years ago?!) was the accountability and support. I've decided to get back to vlogging this month. I'm not sure I'll get daily vlogs done, but I will vlog at least once a week. I'll be sharing my meals, workouts, steps, thoughts, struggles, etc. Call me out on this if I don't get it done!
How are you doing? Do you struggle through the holidays with your food choices and fitness?