Know When To Walk Away. Know When To RUN...



One of the best lessons I've learned in life is to know when to bag it.

I'm not a quitter, not by a long shot, but I've learned when to stop swimming upstream because something simply isn't working. When to try something different because I've made the wrong choice.

No shame in that.

I've been struggling. Seriously struggling with my workouts. Also struggling with my "I said I'm going to do something and dangit I'm going to follow-through and do it" self.

I want to do TurboFire. So badly. However, I only have the advanced DVDs. No big deal I thought, I'll just do the advanced DVDs. Unrealistic-thinking-say what?

They're too hard. Not in a I don't want to push myself way, but in a my body isn't there yet way.

Humble pie. My you're tasty.

So... as hard as it is to say, I'm changing my workout calendar from the one I shared last week.


Time to get real with myself.

It's so crazy to be in this post-baby body. Somehow in my head I'm still the badass advanced exerciser I was pre-baby, but in reality I'm notI keep trying to push myself to just magically BE there, but I'm not.

The last 6 months I've been in this vicious cycle. I jump into the advanced workouts I was previously used to (and LOVE): tabata, HIIT, sprints, plyo, lifting very heavy... upon realizing I can't do them I get frustrated and stop working out for a bit. Then, I'll do some sensible workouts for a while, and then jump up to the hard stuff too soon again. Repeat.

Dear Me,
You cannot just snap your fingers and be where you want to be. You're going to have to do the hard work. Just like you did before. You know how. Now just do it! The longer you fight it the worse off your fitness becomes.
XOXO,
Me

Sensible works. Who knew?

It's time to get real with myself about where I'm at. Time to do what I should have done from the beginning: A sensible (for me) plan of re-building my fitness. Some weights, some yoga, some cardio. Building my running back mile by mile. It's what I need.

I can do this. I will get back to me.

Off to make a new plan! (I like workout calendars, they make me happy.)

Thanks for listening :) Do you ever struggle with how you view yourself in your head compared to where you're really at?