Does Dairy Bother Your Joints?? Plus, This Week's Workout Calendar


I've noticed lately that dairy seems to bother my joints. Now, you know I have that old hip injury from my first marathon that flares up once in a while. I'd never been able to pinpoint exactly what caused this. However, over the last few months I've wondered if it's related to my dairy consumption. Being Paleo I don't do a whole lot of dairy, but when I do seems to correlate with my hip acting up. I'm not entirely sure if it's the cause, but it's awfully suspicious.

Lately I've been feeling like I need a boost of "good bugs" and have been having quite a bit of yogurt and kefir. I also always have the occasional whey protein and half & half in my coffee. All of that on top of the organic grassfed butter I normally include in my diet (it doesn't seem to bother me at all) has added up to a whole lot of dairy in my diet. My hip had been completely perfect prior to this increase in dairy. Now? It's bothering me again. Interesting to say the least.

So... I guess I'll cut all the extra dairy and stick to the little bit of organic grassfed butter and half & half and see what happens!

Poll: Anyone else have this problem? Does dairy seem to bother your joints? 

OK, onto this week's Coffeyfit workout schedule...


I have to say that I am really enjoying this workout rotation. It's just what I needed right now. Several people have been asking how I like Kelly Coffey-Meyer's DVDs. I'll try to get some reviews up soon, but I'll say here: definitely recommend them.

How about you: tried any new workouts lately?