#WIDN Weight-Loss Edition


Hey guys! Long time no check-in. Quite honestly, I wasn't having much progress with my weight loss efforts and didn't have anything to say.

However, 5 weeks back I took a hard look at what I was doing (not just what I thought I was doing; it's not always the same). What was working. What wasn't. What had worked in the past. And, formulated a new plan.



Happily, I can say I've lost 7 pounds in that 5 weeks!

In the past I would have been pissed at that number for not being 'enough', but I'm pretty happy with ANY progress right now (did I mention Baby O will be 3 next month?!). Crazy enough, it was 4 pounds the first week and then 3 pounds another week. With nothing in the other weeks. Strange, but hey, I'll take it.

So, what have I found that is working for me right now?

Well, first I am back to food prepping pretty much everything I eat. Instead of just prepping ingredients and things for the family as a whole like I discuss in this post, I am prepping my entire meals. On the weekend I prepare 7 breakfasts, 7 lunches, and 7 dinners. I also prep boiled eggs for a snack and make a smoothie fresh each day. I weigh and measure the whole deal and track it all in My Fitness Pal. I'm working on a post with that exact meal plan, so stay tuned. 



In that meal plan I am shooting for about 1500 calories, around 50 grams of carbs, and a 120ish grams of protein. Now, that is just what works for me. Everyone is different, but I've had a lot of people ask for the specific numbers lately, so there ya go.

Generally, I don't prep every single thing I eat, but I'm super busy right now and food prep keeps me on track. Otherwise I wind up staring at the fridge and grabbing whatever is quick. No bueno.

The second thing I'm doing is, as I've mentioned before, trying to up my overall daily movement. Thankfully with all the garden work to do right now that's not very hard. One day I had 18000+ steps! That's quite an increase for me. I'm still struggling on rainy, bad weather days, but overall doing much better.

And that's actually it for the last 5 weeks...

Honestly, my workouts have been practically non-existent with all the other (physical) work going on in the garden. I've been hauling wheelbarrows of dirt, digging holes in super rocky soil, and basically working my tail off!



However, now that I feel I have a handle on my eating and overall activity I want to add back in structured workouts. I'm working on a new (Jillian-filled, you knew that was coming right?) workout calendar and I'll share that soon.

Oh yes, and supplements. People always ask and I forget to mention. Really, I'm not doing a lot of supplements right now. In my daily smoothie I add SFH Pure Whey Protein Powder (mad-love the vanilla). I added back in this cold pressed fish oil and this collagen. That's pretty much it for supps right now.

So, that's what is working for me. I'll keep you posted on how adding consistent workouts back goes!

What's working (or not working) for you right now?!