Since going Paleo my family has fallen even more in love with our grill. Paleo and grilling just work well together. The past couple of years I've even been stepping outside my grilling comfort zone more and more. Grilling things I'd never thought to have grilled before and trying new flavor combinations. I have to say I'm pretty thrilled with the results of most of my flavor experiments.
In the past I'd never have thought to grill fruit, but it's amazing. Grilling fruit and adding it to traditionally savory dishes? Brilliant.
This Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burger is always a crowd-pleaser at my house. It's not only Paleo, but Whole30, glutenfree, lower carb, and clean eating friendly. I promise you won't miss the bun!
paleo, grilled pineapple burger, smoky grilled pineapple burger, gluten-free, whole30
paleo, gluten-free, whole30, low carb, clean eating, dairy-free, soy-free
Yield: 8Pin it
Paleo Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burger
prep time: 20 minscook time: 10 minstotal time: 30 mins
This Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burger is always a crowd-pleaser at my house. It's not only Paleo, but Whole30, glutenfree, lower carb, and clean-eating friendly. I promise you won't miss the bun!
- Preheat your grill to medium.
- Peel, core, and slice the pineapple.
- Combine the ground beef and seasonings in a bowl. Mix well. I find it's best to just use my hands here. Form into 1/4 lb patties.
- Place your burger patties and pineapple slices onto your preheated grill.Grill the burgers to desired doneness.Grill the pineapple slices 4 to 5 minutes on each side.
- Remove burgers and pineapple slices from the grill. Top the burgers with the pineapple and onion slices. Then, wrap in the leaf lettuce.
I used yellow onion here, but also try walla walla onions, white onions, or red onions. Also, if you tolerate dairy, try gently melting some sharp cheddar on top just before removing your burgers from the grill. YUM.
Created using The Recipes Generator
Let me know if you try it!
What's your favorite non-traditional burger topping??