2021 has been a busy year! I wanted to jump on here and give a quick update on how I'm doing with my yearly goals and also share my October goals.
First, what were my yearly goals? I'm glad you asked...
- I have to stop stopping. With my fitness, with my weight loss, with my running, with my writing... the list here is long, but I've got to grab ahold of consistency like it's all I've got. Because truly, it is.
- I'm tired of moving. We've been flipping houses since we left Idaho and I am done with that life. I'm tired of the chaos in my life and family that constant living in construction and moving causes. We started down this road in the hopes of getting back to farm life debt-free. It's become too much and it's time to settle down somewhere.
- I need to be done with the fat loss phase of my wellness journey. I just can't waste mental energy and head space here any more. I need to be done and on with life. I know maintenance is work, fitness is a permanent fixture, but fat loss just needs to be checked off the list this year. I'm over it ya'll.
- I (we/my family) need to find somewhere to put down roots. An extension of number 2 above, but I crave community. I crave to BE somewhere and stop constantly moving. Maybe that means lowering our expectations, less land, not in Colorado like we'd hoped...whatever it needs to look like I'm ready.
- I need to decide what I want to be when I grow up and be it. I feel like I'm always living for the future. When this, then... enough already. How about now?
OK, first for number one on the list "stop stopping" aka build some consistency. I did great with this the beginning of the year, then we moved again and I struggled a bit, but now feel back on track. It's an ongoing process I know, but I really feel like I am making progress on it. More on that with my October goals!
Number two and number 4 I'll lump together as "I'm tired of moving" aka project settle down. We did sell our last two project houses in Kansas (can I get a woohoo!) and moved to a rental on a friend's ranch in Nebraska. We are seriously on the hunt for a little fixer upper farmhouse with a few acres where we can put down some roots. So, while not there yet, we've made some great progress. Here's hoping that transpires soon!
Number 3. Oh, number 3. To "be done with the fat loss phase". I haven't made much progress, 8 pounds I think, BUT as I build that consistency I know results are coming. What I've learned along my winding wellness journey is that consistency trumps all here. The year isn't over yet! I'm aiming at further progress the last quarter of 2021 and I have high hopes to check this one off completely by next spring, my birthday at the latest. Staying focused on the process. Keep me accountable friends!
And number 5... "decide what I want to be when I grow up". Crazy enough I think I've got a pretty good start on this. I've spent the last few months praying and honing in on what this needs to look like in my life. It seems to be going in a direction I hadn't quite expected, but I'm excited. More on that in the near future!
So, while not doing quite as well as I'd hoped as soon as I'd hoped... still made some significant progress on my goals and the year isn't over yet! I'll do a final update at the end of the year.
Now, to my October fitness goals...
I'm focused completely on process goals and completely on consistency. We can't control the outcome, but we very much can control the process. So, I'm going to walk 4+ miles every day in October, run twice a week, Echo Bike twice a week, and do yoga once a week. I'm focusing completely on fitness with my October wellness goals because that is where I need the most work. I've been cruising along pretty well with my eating, water, etc. But my fitness needs WERK. I've kept up with my walks pretty well most of the summer and runs have been a bit sporadic but pretty good. Everything else has been non-existent. So, these are my goals for October. Foreshadowing...November's goals will involve a barbell. But, I get ahead of myself ;)
I also plan to get consistent with blogging again. Say what? Yep. I have a confession, something that's been on my mind for a while: I'm not an influencer. I'm just not. I've watched everything spin in that direction and many of my peers take off with Instagram and the new "rules". I tried for a while. But das not me. I'm a blogger. I'm a content creator. I want to help, encourage, and connect with people on similar journeys. I don't excel at Instagram. I just don't. I love all my friends on there, but I really don't think I'm ever going to be one of those big accounts. I just want to connect on IG. And maybe share a funny meme or cute picture of my dog. 🤷♀️ So, maybe blogging is over as I've heard some say, whatever. This is where I'll be :) However, I am going to branch out with where else I'll be and where I'll be creating content! More on that soon...
Love you guys, tweet me and let me know what your October goals are twitter.com/kerriolkjer 💖💖💖
Now, if you need me I'm pretty excited for the return of hot cozy drink season...