Paleo Friendly Coffee Creamer Recipe


Going back strict paleo has me missing one thing: the organic grass-fed half and half I'd been having in my coffee. Since going paleo over a year ago I've searched and searched and just never found anything else I love in my coffee. I'd just about given up on a paleo-friendly coffee creamer!

I was almost to give up and resign myself to black coffee forever, but then I decided to resort again to trying to make my own. 




Paleo Cinnamon Vanilla Coffee Creamer


Ingredients

1 can Organic Canned Coconut Milk(the kind in the carton just won't do it)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon Vietnamese Organic
1 teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla
2 teaspoons raw local honey or Organic Maple Syrup (optional)




Directions


Blend all ingredients well in your blender. Store in the refrigerator (the cinnamon tends to settle, so you may need to stir before use). I use 1 to 3 tablespoons per cup. Depending on cup size.


Note: this won't whiten as much as half and half or regular creamer you may be used to.

Options


  • To make this Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly simply omit the honey.
  • To make this low carb and keto friendly either omit the sweetener completely or substitute with a packet or 2 of a low carb friendly sweetener like Truvia.
  • Make it bulletproof: add some grassfed butter, MCT oil, and/or coconut oil to each cup you make.
  • To make this vegan us maple syrup or stevia instead of honey.
  • To lighten this up try making it with 2 cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk (though it definitely won't be as 'creamy').

I've been playing around with this basic recipe. Sometimes adding an extra teaspoon of cinnamon or vanilla. Or leaving out the honey. Once I tried nutmeg as well. It's not half bad! Much better than other coconut creamers I've tried. I think I've found my replacement for half and half!

What do you put in your coffee??