Happy Easter and 04.04.2010 Weigh In

Happy Easter! I hope everyone had a great day. We had so much fun.

We went to my aunt's house and had a yummy brunch. There may or may not have been a seriouly yummy ooey gooey cinnamon roll involved ;) (My philosophy on holidays is to workout hard the week before and the week after and indulge in those special things you really want and skip the eh, so so stuff.) After brunch we had an easter egg hunt for the kids. So much fun.

Then I played tag with my teenage son, younger brother, and younger cousins. Tag is a loose term here, lol. More like full contact, espionage, freeze tag. Yes, I was tackled once, and no there should be no tackling in tag. There was lots of wondering who was really it and who was conspiring to make you believe they were it so that the other cousin could tag you. Some hiding, lots of running and climbing, and I even discovered one of my cousins can jump a 6 ft fence. Ya, that's how we roll. It was hilarious and fun. We played for hours. A couple cousins rolled down the hill and a few things may have been seriously set asunder in my poor aunt's yard. I kept waiting for someone to get hurt!

Yes, normally we would have been holed up downstairs playing video games, but it was gorgeous outside and we all went out and got active! The best part was it was boys from 15 to 21..and me. None of the other adults played. Not sure if they could have played. A few years ago I wouldn't have been able to keep up with them. But this year I was running and jumping with the youngins and having a blast doing it. I was so thankful to have the physical ability I do now. This is about so much more than weight loss.

 So, I am sore and tired, but blissful tonight from a day of just plain kid-like fun.

Oh yes, and I did weigh in this morning before we left. 172.5. Crazy. I lost 3 pounds this week. Scale is a fickle creature, but I'll take it!