Going dairy-free keto paleo has me missing one thing: the organic grass-fed half-and-half I'd been having in my coffee. Since going paleo over a year ago I've searched and searched and just never found anything else I love in my coffee. I'd just about given up on a keto paleo-friendly coffee creamer!
I was almost to resign myself to black coffee forever, but then I decided to resort again to trying to make my own. This version is simple and quite delicious. Not only is it keto paleo, but Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly as well.
Keto Paleo Cinnamon Vanilla Coffee Creamer
1 can Organic Canned Coconut Milk(the kind in the carton just won't do it)
1 teaspoon Organic Saigon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Organic Pure Vanilla for 100% Whole30 compliant swap for vanilla powder
2 teaspoons raw local honey or Organic Maple Syrup (optional, leave out for KETO, Whole30, or 21DSD)
Blend all ingredients well in your blender. Store in the refrigerator (the cinnamon tends to settle so you may need to stir before use). I use 1 to 3 tablespoons per cup. Depending on cup size.
|Note: this won't whiten as much as half-and-half or regular creamer you may be used to.|
- To make this Whole30 and 21 Day Sugar Detox friendly simply omit the honey and use vanilla powder for Whole 30 compliance.
- To make this low carb and keto friendly either omit the sweetener completely or substitute with a packet or 2 of a low carb friendly sweetener. You can also use a can of Coconut Cream instead of the coconut milk.
- Make it bulletproof and even more keto friendly: leave out the sweetener and add some grass-fed butter or ghee, MCT Powder (use code FITVIEWS for 20% off!), and/or coconut oil to each cup you make.
- To make this vegan us maple syrup or stevia instead of honey.
- To lighten this up try making it with 2 cups of Unsweetened Vanilla Cashew Milk (though it definitely won't be as 'creamy').
I've been playing around with this basic recipe. Sometimes adding an extra teaspoon of cinnamon or vanilla. Once I tried nutmeg as well. It's not half bad! Much better than other coconut creamers I've tried. I think I've found my replacement for half-and-half!
What do you put in your coffee??