Consistently Inconsistent

Looking back just now I've noticed an interesting pattern in my weight loss. 


I get very serious, intense, and lose 3, 4, even 5 pounds fairly quickly. Then, I sort of hang out at that weight a while, then I do it again, then hang out there for a while, and on and on.


How strange. While I guess it's good I maintain between these 'bursts' of weight loss this is not a pattern I want to continue. I have noticed myself 'slacking' again lately. Instead of getting super crazy intense like I would normally do, I want to focus on becoming more consistent. Consistency is key. I thought I had it, but looking back, not so much. I have been consistently inconsistent. 


I want to consistently lose a pound or two a week, not 4 one week and 0 the next three. 


I have been consistent with my exercise, especially since starting ChaLEAN Extreme, but not with my eating. I obviously haven't gone crazy since I have maintained my weight, but I am not reaching the goals I have set. 170 lbs is my goal to get my hair done! I need to quit messing around and get there.


So, I am trying to focus on consistently making good eating choices. In a sustainable, I can do this forever, way. I thought I had been doing that, but looking back I haven't. I have been letting my calories inch back up to the level where I maintain and don't lose. Which would be fine if I was at my goal, but I am not. Time to get consistent!


Blogging is one of the main ways I stay accountable. I love that. I am trying to come up with a way to be accountable about being consistent with my eating. Maybe a nightly post with my calories? A nightly tweet? Would love any suggestions.