Blogging Through The Funk



I have been hiding. 


I haven't felt like I have anything worthy to say this week.


I've had a tough couple of weeks.


I had a really rough weekend. 


I felt hopeless and like an absolute failure in every aspect of my life. I felt like I am merely spinning my wheels with no results in so many areas of my life.


Now, I know I am not a failure, and I know I have hope...but that's how I felt this weekend. 


I ate lots and lots of junk and punked out on my long run. I made bad choices. I wallowed in my self-pity and bad attitude. Yes, these were the choices I made.


I felt like I'm getting nowhere; I felt like giving up.


But I haven't. I won't.


Today I choose to be positive, I choose to make good food choices, I choose to be thankful for the good in my life, I choose to hold on tight. I'll fake it 'til I make it if need be. I will get through this. I will be stronger for it.


Just wanted to be real. I struggle too. I think we all do. It's only if we give up that we truly fail. Anything else is choices and can be corrected with different choices.