Going Primal Week 2 Results


The title of this post was almost: I am perplexed. Random, but do you watch The Upside Down Show? The word perplexed will forever remind me of that show. Anyway, it was almost the title of the post because when I got up and weighed this morning I was perplexed! I just knew the scale had moved this week. Nope. Moving on...


Beginning Stats
Weight 176

BF% 31.4

Waist 32.5
Right Thigh 20.5
Right Calf 14.25
Right Arm 12
Hips 41.75
Week 1 Stats
Weight 175.5
BF% 31.4 (using an Omron BF monitor, results can be fickle)
Waist 32.25
Right Thigh 20.5
Right Calf 14
Right Arm 11.75
Hips 41.75
Week 2 Stats
Weight 175.5
BF% 31.5 (I really am wondering how accurate this BF monitor is)
Waist  32
Right Thigh 20.25
Right Calf 14
Right Arm 11.75
Hips 40.75

After taking my measurements I felt better, still perplexed, but better. While the scale is still not going down I am glad that I take measurements also.  My waist, thigh, and hip measurements all went down again. So, I am making progress. Whether the scale wants to tell me so or not! If you are contemplating trying Paleo or Primal I highly recommend taking your measurements also.

This week has gone great. I am tracking 4 to 5 days a week on My Fitness Pal. I take a couple of days off (still eating the same, just not tracking) mostly so that I'm not obsessing. After my 5k fiasco I am trying to be much more consistent with my workouts. It was a huge wake up call. My here and there workouts are not equating to the level of fitness I am used to. So far this week I took Sunday off, did weights (Chalean Extreme) Monday, and walked 3 miles Tuesday. I've decided to schedule my workouts a week at a time; I am just someone who does better with a plan. But that's a whole other post.

You can still see my Going Primal tracking vlogs on my you tube channel or posts at my tracking blog if you're interested in daily stuff like what I'm eating, etc.

Also, we've decided to keep Awesome by August going all year. Awesome All Year? No prizes. Just a page for support, encouragement, and accountability. We will weigh in on Wednesdays. Feel free to join us!

I am just a blogger, not a doctor, trainer, or any sort of health professional. What you read here are my personal experiences and opinions. Of course, always consult your doctor before trying a diet, supplement, or new workout program.