Wednesday Weigh in 11/9

Ok, let's be real here. This last week was not a great week for me. I felt like a bottomless pit. Hungry. Hungry. Hungry. Not only that but I fell into some old patterns with emotional eating too. And the scale, well, the scale is up half a pound again. I actually expected more.



It's taken me about six years to lose the weight I have. But the frustrating part is for the last year and a half of that I have gone up and down, back and forth with my weight loss. I got down to 172 and then went back up into the 180's. Since then it's been up and down, up and down. 


At this point I want progress so badly. This back and forth, hovering right around 175 is beyond frustrating. It's been over a year of this, I want to move forward and stop messing around. 


Successful weight loss needs to be a lifestyle change. We have to be in it for the long haul. We have to make changes to last a lifetime. It's not a crash diet and then back to business as usual. It's forever. I've heard people say it's a marathon not a sprint. I absolutely agree, we have to realize that there is no quick fix. We have to change our habits for good.


I've taken a hard look at what is going on with my weight loss and I realize that I'm not being consistent. I do really well for a while and then get lazy and stop paying attention. The habits I had established have been let go and that spells trouble.


So, I'm back to weight loss 101: building the habits. First up: consistent workouts. For the next 30 days I WILL get up and workout every morning. Now I understand that rest days are necessary, so some of those days will be yoga or light biking on the stationary bike, but I will do something every day. Because I need to build that habit again. 


For accountability I'll be tracking my workouts on my dailymile and using the hashtag #30days2ahabit (my workouts also tweet to twitter) if you'd like to follow along or join me. Please feel free to call me on it if there's a day missing!