Monday, July 30, 2012

3 Fabulous Summer Protein Smoothie Recipes

Smoothies are a go-to favorite of mine in the summer. They're a great way to keep my protein up, especially when it's just too hot to think about eating anything else! 

I like to make my smoothies really thick. More like the consistency of soft serve ice cream. They really do feel like more of a decadent treat to me. One note: depending on how good your blender is you may need to increase the amount of liquids in these. I actually blended the blades right off my old blender from so many thick smoothies!



Berry Mud
1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 cup frozen strawberries
1 serving vanilla whey protein powder
Blend well in blender, will be very thick. You can also use strawberry whey protein.



Double Strawberry Smoothie
3/4 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 serving strawberry whey protein powder
1 cup frozen strawberries
This smoothie is like a healthier version of a strawberry shake. Love it. My kids love it too! 


Green Tea Smoothie
1 cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 scoop vanilla protein powder
1 cup melon balls (fresh or frozen), any kind (I like honeydew best)
1 tsp green matcha tea powder
Ice to reach desired consistency.
Throw first ingredients in a blender and blend well, adding ice as needed. Yum! Reminds me a little of a Starbucks green tea frap.


What's your favorite smoothie recipe lately??