Paleo Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burgers


Since going Paleo my family has fallen even more in love with our grill. Paleo and grilling just work. The past couple of years I've been stepping outside my grilling comfort zone more and more. Grilling things I'd never thought to have grilled before and trying new flavor combinations. I have to say I'm pretty thrilled with the results. 


Oh yes, and? New rule: every burger recipe for the rest of forever must contain grilled pineapple. OK, maybe more of a guideline. It's seriously delicious though.

This Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burger is always a crowd-pleaser at my house. I promise you won't miss the bun! 

Smoky Grilled Pineapple Burger Recipe

Ingredients
2 lbs Lean Grass-Fed Ground Beef
1 1/2 teaspoons Organic Smoked Paprika (I like Simply Organic Smoked Paprika)
1 teaspoon Sea Salt (I use Celtic Sea Salt, Fine Ground)
1 teaspoon Onion Powder
1 Whole Fresh Pineapple-peeled, cored, and sliced
1 Onion-sliced
Green Leaf Lettuce

Directions
Preheat your grill to medium-high. In a bowl combine the ground beef and seasonings well and then form into patties. Grill to desired doneness.

Grill the pineapple slices 4 to 5 minutes each side. 

Top your burgers with the pineapple and onion slices. Wrap your burgers in the leaf lettuce and enjoy!

Options
I used yellow onion here, but red onion is fabulous as well. Also, if you tolerate dairy gently melting some sharp cheddar before removing your burgers from the grill. YUM.


Let me know if you try it!

What's your favorite non-traditional burger topping??