Paleo Apple Crisp Recipe

This Paleo recipe post is sponsored by Puritan's Pride.

I love desserts with fruit in them. I may even prefer them to desserts with chocolate in them. Maybe…

Apple crisp is a family favorite around here. It’s been greatly missed since we went Paleo. I decided I’d better set to work converting my recipe. We had a lot of fun taste-testing the ‘failures’ along the way!

The final product is one of the best recipes I’ve ever come up with. (Humble, right? But really, it’s so good!) This recipe is not only delicious, but really easy and Paleo-friendly!

Paleo Apple Crisp
Ingredients
Topping:
1 Cup Almond Flour
¼ Cup Chopped Raw Macadamia Nuts
¼ Cup Chopped Pecans
½ teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg
2 Tablespoons Maple Syrup
2 Tablespoons gently-melted Organic Extra VirginCoconut Oil

Filling:
4 Cups peeled, sliced Apples (I like Honeycrisp or Fuji for this.)
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon

Directions
Preheat your oven to 400 degrees.

Combine all the topping ingredients except the nuts. Blend well with a fork. Stir in the nuts.

In a separate bowl toss the apples and cinnamon until apples are well coated.
Grease a baking dish with coconut oil and add in the apples. Crumble the topping on top. It will be sticky and I find it easiest to use my hands to ensure a more even distribution.

Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. Crust should be golden brown and apples tender, but not mushy.


Let me know if you try it!