GOALS!

Now that a little of the New Years Resolutions hoopla has died down I thought it'd be a good time to share the goals I plan to accomplish in 2011. In particular the fitness/running/weight loss related goals.


In 2011 I will:

  1. Run a 5k in under 30 minutes. My fastest 5k was almost 33 minutes, I plan to incorporate some more speed work into my routine and shave this down.
  2. Reach my goal weight of 140-145 pounds and go into maintenance mode. This will just take consistency in my food choices and workouts.
  3. Do 5 pull ups and 5 chin ups. Considering I can do neither I have my work cut out for me here!
  4. Run an 8 minute mile. My fastest mile was 9:26. This may be a reach, but I'm going to give it my all!
  5. Obsess less. Less about food, weight, etc. This might seem contradictory to all the rest of my goals, but I don't think so. I need to seek more balance in my thinking. Less obsessing about these things. Focusing on them at certain times, like when I'm working out, or when I'm eating is normal. But focusing/thinking about them constantly is not. This has been my struggle, I want to make more progress towards a healthy balance in my thinking about food and weight. That is one reason you will see me trying new eating plans this year, to me a plan makes it mindless, gives me less to obsess about.
  6. Try a TON of new things. In my quest of finding what works for me I plan to try a ton of new things this year. New eating plans, new workouts, new gear, etc, etc. That's sort of the reasoning behind my Adventures in Tracking blog and Hype or Help experiments. To try lots of new things all year; how can I know what works best for me if I don't try new things?! Plus, it cuts the boredom and monotony of weight loss.
**2011 Journal Exercise: Now you, what goals will you accomplish in 2011? Write them out!