Disclaimer: these DVD's were sent to me for review. Opinions are 100% honest and my own.
I have spent 2013 on a hunt. A hunt for the best workout DVD's for beginners. I've tried many, many, many DVD's and hands down these are my favorites...
1. Walk it Off in 30 Days consists of 2 workouts: Burn 30 and Firm 30. Burn 30 is a 30 minute cardio workout and Firm 30 is a 30 minute strength training workout. I burned about 250 calories with the cardio portion of this DVD.
I love that this DVD could be a complete program for someone starting out!
2. 5 Mega Miles consists of 5 'Mile' workouts that can be done alone or together. It also includes a toning band to be used in the strength portions of the workout. I burned about 450 calories during this workout.
This DVD is my favorite way to make sure I'm getting my steps in!
3. Walk to the Hits: Radio Remixes is a fun 45 minute HIIT workout. I burned about 350 calories with this workout.
Love the fun upbeat music.
4. Walk to the Hits: Party Songs is another fun 45 minute HIIT workout set to great music. I burned about 350 calories with this DVD.
Again, love the fun upbeat music in this workout.
5. Belly Blasting Walk is a core-focused DVD that includes a cardio session and a floor session. I burned about 200 calories doing this DVD.
Strengthening our core is so important. I love how this DVD makes that approachable for all fitness levels!
Noticing a bit of a theme there? Yes, I think Leslie Sansone's DVDs are by far the best beginner-friendly DVD's I've tried. These workouts pleasantly surprised me. Leslie is fun and upbeat, the music is great (and not annoying), the workouts are adaptable to suit most fitness levels, and the calorie burn for all were great. I thoroughly enjoyed these workouts and think they have a place in even non-beginner's workout schedules; I love to add one of these as a second workout when I'm doing 2-a-days.
If you're looking for a beginner-friendly workout that you can do at-home I really think you can't go wrong with any of these DVD's and I wholeheartedly recommend them!
***Please note that I include my calorie burn for comparison. Everyone is different and will have different results. I use a Polar heart rate monitor to obtain my burn. Post contains affiliate links.