Paleo Banana Bread Recipe


There is just nothing like the smell of banana bread baking. It smells like home to me! I have such fond childhood memories of my mom’s fresh baked banana bread. She made the. Best. Banana bread. Ever.

When we went Paleo I was pretty apprehensive about tackling a banana bread recipe. I just didn't think I could do it justice. But I missed it, and so I set to work at converting my mom's recipe to being Paleo-friendly.

If I do say so myself: it turned out pretty tasty...


Paleo Banana Bread
2 ½ cups Natural Almond Meal (You want unblanched. Yes, it makes a difference.)
2 Eggs
3 medium, very ripe Bananas
1 Tablespoon Raw Organic Honey
1 teaspoon Vanilla
1 teaspoon Baking Soda
Pinch Sea Salt

Preheat your oven to 325 degrees. Grease a 9 inch bread pan heavily with coconut oil.

Beat the eggs. Next, add in everything but the almond meal and mix with a hand mixer for about a minute, or until smooth and well combined. Stir in the almond meal.

Transfer batter to your greased bread pan and bake for about 55-60 minutes (until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the loaf comes out clean).


**If you are a banana nut bread fan (it’s OK, we can still be friends) you can add in a ½ cup chopped walnuts when you stir in the almond meal.


Let me know if you try it!

I know first-hand that Paleo baking can be a challenge when you first start out, but I have found that having the right products in my pantry is key.

Win my favorite Paleo baking essentials from Puritan's Pride!
  One lucky entrant will win:
Organic Ground Ginger
Ground Nutmeg
Coconut Oil
Ground Cloves
Organic Saigon Cinnamon
Organic Cocoa Powder
Natural Almond Meal
Organic Raw Honey
Almond Flour
Vanilla Extract



a Rafflecopter giveaway