Monday, November 19, 2012

Paleo Holiday Recipe - Cranberry Sauce With Mandarin Oranges

I had an entire Paleo - Primal friendly Thanksgiving menu planned to share. BUT morning sickness got the best of me and I couldn't get it done in time. I still plan to post all of those recipes the next few weeks though...maybe they can still be useful for a Paleo - Primal Christmas menu?

Today I'd like to share my cranberry sauce recipe. I've never been a huge fan of cranberry sauce, but love this recipe! I hope you will too.


2 - 12 oz Packages Whole Cranberries - washed
1 1/2 Cups Water
3/4 Cup Maple Syrup or Honey (more to taste if necessary)
2 - 15 oz Cans Mandarin Oranges - drained



Add cranberries and water to a large pot. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add maple syrup and mandarin oranges. Stir. Cook for about a minute.


Top with some chopped walnuts or pecans if you prefer a little crunch. 

Enjoy!