Should My Food Processor Smoke Like That? Plus, This Week's Workout Schedule


My food processor in it's pre-smoking days.
This past weekend I was happily making my kids' snacks when smoke started coming from my food processor. I quickly unplugged it, and smoke continued to roll out of the motor area. This was a whole new take on my saying that dinner just isn't done until I set the smoke detector off!

"Is it on fire?!" My kids wanted to know. "I don't think so," I reassured them. Though I wasn't entirely sure.

It eventually cooled down and stopped smoking, but now I'm afraid to use it. I mean really: should my food processor smoke like that? I'm thinking not... 

I use my food processor a lot. Like, a lot a lot. From energy bars (and balls) to nut butters to Paleo Pops to making my own nut flours in a pinch, I really do put it through its paces and can't imagine not having one!


So, I need recommendations. What's a good food processor that will stand up to my foodie blogger ways??

Onto this week's workout schedule...


HOW is it the end of July?? I'm seriously freaking out about that. Stay just a little bit longer summer... Anyway, last week I did not get any of my scheduled runs in. UGH. This week I'm making that a priority. Someone hassle me if you don't see a post-run instagram on Thursday!



Anyone else feeling like they need to DO ALL THE THINGS before summer is over?