Banana Cinnamon Chia Paleo Pancakes


My kids think pancakes are a food group. I think they’d eat them at every meal if I was willing. When we went Paleo as a family they pined for their beloved pancakes. OK, maybe I did too…

The thing with trying to make a Paleo pancake is that almond flour and coconut flour just don’t behave the same as wheat flour. This isn’t as noticeable in some things, but really can be problematic in pancakes.

I’ve tried and tried again at a great Paleo pancake. Some of the failures were soooo terrible! Some were super dry, some wouldn’t even come together as a pancake, and some quite honestly tasted like warm cardboard. Yum, right?

Finally, I’ve had success. These Banana Cinnamon Chia Paleo Pancakes may not taste anything like Grandma’s pancakes, but they are pretty tasty. They remind me of a whole-grain banana pancake I had at a restaurant once (though they’re grain-free!).


My kids whole-heartedly approve! They could eat them daily right now. I’m not sure if they realize they have chia seeds in them… Our little secret?


Ingredients
2 eggs
2 bananas, sliced
1 Tablespoon Chia Seeds
2 Tablespoons Almond Flour
1 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
½ teaspoon aluminum-free baking powder
½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract

Directions
Beat the eggs with a hand mixer. Add in the rest of the ingredients and mix until the batter is smooth and there are no big chunks of banana remaining.
Heat a skillet to medium and add a bit of Coconut Oil.


Add a small amount of batter. (These do much better as smaller pancakes. They can be hard to flip if you make them too big.) Let the first side cook well before flipping. Once it seems well set, flip the pancake and cook until done.


Serve plain (they’re so good they really need nothing else) or top with sliced bananas, a sprinkle of cinnamon, and/or a sprinkle of chia seeds or chopped nuts. 


Yum!

Let me know if you try them!