Day 1 Jillian Michaels BodyShred


Today is Day 1 of Jillian Michaels' BodyShred!!

I got up bright and early (Hello 4:30 AM!) and took my weight and measurements. I'll be taking pics after I write this post. Though I won't post them until the end of the program. Just not feeling it right now :) Then, I did workout 1! 



AND only had to modify the push-ups, woohoo!

First, the numbers:

Beginning BodyShred Stats



Weight 197.4
Right Bicep 13
Bust 44
Waist 37
Hips 45
Right Calf 15

Not going to lie, I did NOT expect to see that number on the scale. I expected it to read somewhere between 188 and 192. But, there it is. Fruit of my poor choices lately. Funny thing though, instead of feeling horrible about myself as I would have in the past, I felt motivated. Line. Drawn. In. SAND. Starting line!

As I took my weight and measurements this morning, then looked myself in the mirror anticipating before pics, I felt no self loathing. Instead I'm just being very honest and real with myself. Real about where I am and real about where I want to be to live my best life as my best self. I don't see a 'before' I just see me. I see this as a beginning. A starting line. I'm me. Before me, after me, always me. I just want to feel strong again. To fit into some of my smaller clothes. And that's OK. No need to bash this me. I am where I am and I'm willing to change my choices to get where I'd like to be. THAT is all progress for me from the last time I went through a weight loss journey.

First Impressions

So far I think I'm going to love these workouts. They're set up in circuits with weights, cardio, and abs (similar to some of Jillian's other stuff) which I like. They're also only 30 minutes/6 days a week. Perfect. They're challenging, but the modifications make it totally doable for my less than what I'm used to fitness level. I honestly was worried about whether this program would be too tough for me. Just to be sure, a week or so ago I did the week 1 workouts to test it out. Humbling, but doable! I did however have to purchase 5 pound weights because the lightest I own are 8's and, uh, NO. Again, humbling, but just a starting line.

And now, I'll have to cut this short. My laptop battery is dying and there are no plugs in my walk-in closet (seriously, no plugs?? rentals...) I'm hiding in my closet because Baby O. is very into electronics these days and hugely fond of my laptop. :) Glamorous fit mom blogger life...



UPDATES:

Week 2 Results
Full Program Review