Easy Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes

This Easy Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes recipe was sponsored by
Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes Recipe

Growing up the only encounter I had with sweet potatoes was at Thanksgiving dinner. I hesitate to even call them sweet potatoes though. They were more like sugar coated sugar, with a side of sugar. Seriously!

The recipe was to coat a baking dish in margarine, add diced sweet potatoes, top with more margarine and a healthy heaping of brown sugar. Bake. And then? At the end you top the whole thing with a bag of marshmallows and bake again.

Blech! Needless to say I was never fond of sweet potatoes.

When I first went paleo I decided to reacquaint myself with sweet potatoes. They’re a great paleo-friendly carb source. I must confess the thought made me shudder, but I persevered. I tried them simple. Baked. I was so shocked. They're so good!

Now, I love sweet potatoes. They’re a go-to side dish for family dinners. Not only are they delicious, but they’re good for us and easy to make. The funny thing about sweet potatoes is they taste amazing all on their own. When it comes to sweet potato recipes, simple is best.

Now, I bring this to Thanksgiving…

Easy Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes


Easy Paleo Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Ingredients

5 large sweet potatoes
¼ teaspoon Ground Nutmeg


Sweet Potatoes


Directions


Preheat your oven to 425 degrees. Wash the sweet potatoes and prick them with a fork. Bake on a cookie sheet or straight on the oven rack for 60 to 75 minutes (45 to 60 for small to medium sweet potatoes). Check for doneness with a fork.


Baked Sweet Potato


Remove the sweet potatoes from the oven and scoop the insides into a mixing bowl (careful they will be hot!). Discard the peels. Use your hand mixer to blend in the remaining ingredients and serve!


Paleo Smashed Sweet Potatoes

This recipe serves my family perfectly. I double it to take to Thanksgiving dinner.


What's your favorite way to have sweet potatoes?