Every Day Can Be Monday!!

Well, if you're not fond of Mondays that title may not delight you. But it's true, every day can be Monday or be January 1st...a fresh start that is.


I had a bad weekend. OK, bad is kind. Monumentally terrible? Yes, that's a bit closer. I didn't just fall off the wagon, I lit it on fire and rolled it down a rocky cliff side with a river of lava at the bottom...ya, something like that.


I binged. It is hard to admit that, but it is true. I binged pretty much all weekend long. Yesterday too. 


My pants are now tight. Like, tight, tight. I'm glad I'm not weighing because I don't want to see it. It's crazy how much weight I can gain so quickly. Yet it takes forever to take weight off. Sigh. Such is my metabolism. 


I screwed up (understatement). I stumbled (don't we all). Now what?


Well, first, I will not beat myself up, been there, done that, it's no help and no good for me.


Second, back to basics. Today I will: workout at least 30 minutes and track my food.


Third, I will love me. In the past I would have hated me, loathed me, been disgusted with me. Yes, I've sabotaged myself again, yes I've set my progress back. But if someone I love messes up, do I hate them? Do I shame them? If my kids mess up, do I do these things? No, I love them, and guide them through. Why should I be any different with myself? I shouldn't.


I had a really rough weekend emotionally. Food was my medication. I'm not really sure what started all of it, but I do know I've been teetering on the edge of depression again lately. I haven't been doing all of the things I need to do to keep that at bay. When I'm feeling good it's easy to let these things slide, but not a good choice in taking care of me! Realizing I'm sliding back into it is actually progress for me, normally I'm deeply mired in it before I even notice. I think that choosing to deal with my depression via natural means is a good choice for me, but I have to be very on top of it to say the least. Now that I see it I can be proactive and kick it in the tail before it gets a hold.


I really didn't want to write this post, I wanted to write something sunshine and rainbows, but one of the most important things to me with my blog is honesty. Honesty with myself and honesty with you. I like to think of myself as someone who has it together, and when I'm not acting like that someone that has it together...it's really hard for me to admit.


So, today is my Monday, my January 1st, my fresh start. Every day, every moment can be. You know?