Monday, October 1, 2012

Paleo Pumpkin Bread Recipe



I love to bake. I don't do much baking during the hot summer months, but there's just something about fall that screams out to me to bake up a storm.

Previous to going paleo pumpkin bread was one of my favorite things to bake in the fall. There's just nothing like a kitchen filled with the smell of pumpkin bread baking in the oven.

I missed this and so I set out two weeks ago to figure out a paleo pumpkin bread recipe. Several failed attempts and 10 or so test loaves later I've come up with one my family loves!

Paleo Pumpkin Bread
1 cup blanched almond meal
1/4 cup coconut flour
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
4 eggs
1/4 cup maple syrup
1 cup pumpkin puree
1 tablespoon melted ghee (or coconut oil)
1 teaspoon vanilla
Combine dry ingredients. Beat eggs and add in. Add remaining wet ingredients. Grease a 9 inch loaf pan with coconut oil (or you can use cooking spray). Bake at 350 degrees for about 40 minutes.



Delicious! Goes beautifully with a cup of coffee and my Cinnamon-Vanilla Paleo Creamer.



What's your favorite Paleo treat to bake?