Vanilla Maple Iced Coffee


It's no secret that I'm madly in love with coffee. Hot coffee, iced coffee, plain coffee, flavored coffee, espresso, latte, cappuccino... you name it I want to marinate in it.

People often ask me if coffee is Paleo. My answer: maybe not strict Paleo, but I. Don't. Care. Cavemen did NOT drink coffee some declare. To this I reply: I am convinced that cavepeople of my ancestral line were roasting beans, crushing them, and pouring hot water over them thousands of years ahead of their time. 

OK, but seriously, I am Paleo because of the benefits I have seen eating this way. My food choices are more about how a food affects me than whether or not a caveman consumed it. Also, generally speaking, I think most people drink coffee on Paleo.

Whether or not coffee itself is Paleo, the things we add to it can be absolutely NOT Paleo. I am definitely known to splurge on a (non-Paleo) Starbucks now and then, but most of the time I prefer to keep my coffee concoctions Paleo. 


This iced-coffee recipe is my new obsession. It's not only delicious, but Paleo-friendly, and only about 50 calories!



Ingredients
1/2 Cup Vanilla Chameleon Cold-Brew
1 Cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 teaspoon Organic Grade B Maple Syrup (optional)
Ice

Directions
Pour all ingredients over ice and stir.


Enjoy!