My family has always loved taco salad. Personally, I'm a big fan because it’s super easy to throw together on a crazy-busy-rush-around-weeknight. It's a go-to weeknight meal for me and frequents my menu planning board. My kids love it because it’s just plain good! I consider it a win-win.
Traditional taco salad recipes, however, include a lot of ingredients that aren’t exactly on my nice list. Gone are the days of busting out a bag of chips and cheesy salsa dip to go with a taco salad! Let's be honest, it was barely anything you should call a salad. Plus, as a paleo family things like kidney beans don't make the cut either.
I struggled with taco salads for a while. After some trial and error I think I have them down again. This lightened-up, keto paleo-friendly version of taco salad keeps all of the taste and none of the junk. Bonus? It's gluten-free and completely Whole30 compliant!
Easy Keto Paleo Turkey Taco Salad
paleo,taco salad, smoky grilled pineapple burger,keto taco salad, keto recipes, gluten-free, whole30
keto, ketogenic diet, paleo, gluten-free, whole30, low carb, clean eating, dairy-free, soy-free
Yield: 8 to 10 servings
Easy Keto Turkey Taco Salad
prep time: 10 minscook time: 20 minstotal time: 30 mins
This super easy Keto Turkey Taco Salad will quickly make the top of your weekly meal planning list. So quick, delicious, and family friendly it's the perfect solution to staying on your healthy eating plan through the weeknight rush.
- 2 pounds ground turkey
- 2 teaspoons organic chili powder
- 1 teaspoon organic ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon organic turmeric root powder
- 1 teaspoon organic onion powder
- 1 teaspoon fine groundceltic sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon organic black pepper
- pinch organic cayenne pepper
- 1 bunch organic butter lettuce, chopped
- 1 small bunch organic red leaf lettuce, chopped
- 2 handfuls organic baby spinach
- 1 (10 ounce) container organic grape tomatoes, sliced
- 2 organic avocados, diced
- chunky salsa to serve
- Preheat your skillet to just above medium heat.
- Add the ground turkey and brown until cooked through and no pink remains.
- Add all the seasonings and stir well.
- In a large salad bowl layer the: butter lettuce, red leaf lettuce, baby spinach, and ground turkey.
- Top with the grape tomatoes and avocados.
- Serve with the chunky salsa on the side.
copyright Kerri Olkjer 2014
Created using The Recipes Generator
Try serving this topped with sliced black olives (my kids love it that way). If you do dairy, try a sprinkle of your favorite shredded cheese or a dollop of sour cream (unless you're doing Whole30 or dairy-free of course, then NO cheese or sour cream).
Try it! It’s so good; I promise you won’t miss the chips.