I'm building quite the little collection of low carb pancake recipes! And, if I do say so myself, these Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes are a seriously tasty addition. They are a quick and super easy breakfast option for your low carb diet. Whether you're getting bored on your egg fast or just a LCHF or keto style eater these are for you! With only 6 grams of carbs for the ENTIRE RECIPE they'll fit nicely into your plan.
This recipe makes 3 or 4 decent sized pancakes and comes in at 348 calories according to my tracking in My Fitness Pal. I generally eat the whole thing and double the batch if hubby wants some too. It easily doubles or triples or quadruples...to feed however many you'd like. I love to make a giant batch on Sunday and have them ready for the week. Just reheat in the microwave and go. Though, I personally kind of like these cold, straight from the fridge. They taste like little slices of cheesecake that way.
Yes, yes, I know. If you're doing an egg fast strawberries are technically not allowed. But, for me, if I'm on day 3 and ready to lose my mind... 2 strawberries are no big deal. Of course, you can omit the strawberries if you'd like. This recipe is 340 calories and 4 grams of carbs without them.
For this recipe you'll need:
A mixing bowl (I like to use a large glass measuring cup to easily pour the batter in the skillet), a hand mixer, measuring spoons, a small non-stick skillet (I love my Non-Stick Ceramic Skillet), and a spatula that won't scratchyour skillet.
Yield: 1 serving, 3 to 4 pancakes
KETO Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes
prep time: 3 minscook time: 2 minstotal time: 5 mins
These Keto Strawberry Cheesecake Pancakes will make a tasty addition to your keto or low carb diet. With only 6 grams total carbs and 348 calories for the whole recipe you can enjoy them freely!
- Add all of ingredients except the ghee and strawberries to your mixing bowl and blend well with your hand mixer on medium, working up to high. The batter should be smooth with no bits of cream cheese visible. (Though I've been impatient and made them this way and it was fine, just with bits of cream cheese in the finished pancakes obviously).
- Preheat your small non-stick skillet to medium-low (3 on my stove top) and add a little ghee.
- Pour just enough batter into your skillet to cover the bottom. If you add too much batter they will be hard to flip. You want them thin. Wait until bubbles appear and pancake appears set. Flip. Cook on the other side until done, About 30-60 seconds.
- Serve them with the sliced strawberries on top!
Created using The Recipes Generator
2 oz Cream Cheese softened
1/4 tsp Vanilla
2 Packets stevia or another low carb sweetener (read labels, I have recently realized some have 2-4 grams of carbs per packet)
Ghee for the skillet
2 Medium Strawberries, sliced. For topping.
Add all of the ingredients except the ghee and strawberries to your mixing bowl and blend well with your hand mixer on medium, working up to high. The batter should be smooth with no bits of cream cheese visible (though I've been impatient and made them this way and it was fine, just with bits of cream cheese in the finished pancakes obviously). Preheat your small non-stick skillet to medium-low (3 on my stove top) and add a little ghee. Pour just enough batter into your skillet to cover the bottom. If you add too much batter they can be hard to flip. Wait until bubbles appear and pancake appears set. Flip. Cook on the other side until done, about 30-60 seconds.
- The cream cheese will blend better if it is softened. You can either just let it sit on the counter for a while or soften it in the microwave for 30ish seconds.
- Also, this batter will be very runny. That is normal. This version of my low carb pancake recipe tends to be tougher to flip. The cinnamon and cocoa powder in other recipes act a bit like flour and make the consistency of the other recipes easier to handle. This recipe is worth the effort though!
For a special keto treat, try topping them with a little whipped heavy whipping cream (this isn't included in the calorie count above).
These Strawberry Cheesecake Keto Pancakes are completely delicious and an amazing option if you're tired of traditional low carb ways to have eggs. They will be very thin, maybe a tad bit crepe-like in consistency... They're kind of like little slices of fried cheesecake filling awesomeness. Definitely not the consistency of a traditional wheat flour pancake, but an amazing treat when you're egg-fasting, low carb, or on a ketogenic diet!