My New Love

I am an oatmeal freak. Yes, yes I am. I LOVE my oatmeal. Not only is it one of my favorite go-to breakfasts, but I'm known to have it for lunch and dinner on occasion too. Many a no-grain diet has crashed and burned into fiery flames because I love me some oats.


(Yes, that is the hallelujah chorus coming up in the background again.) Recently I was sent some samples of Coach's Oats. And this oatmeal freak...in love!


This is what they look like un-cooked:


What makes these oats different? From their blog:

  • Traditional steel cut oats take about 30 minutes to cook on the stove. Coach’s Oats can be made in 3 to 5 minutes on the stove or in the microwave.
  • You can bake with Coach’s Oats! Traditional steel cut oats need to be pre-soaked or cooked before baking.
  • It only takes 1/3 cup of Coach’s Oats to make 1 cup of oatmeal. You would need ½ cup of rolled oats to make the same amount.
  • Steel cut oats (and Coach’s Oats) have a lower glycemic index rating than instant oatmeal.(The GI rating measures the rates carbohydrate foods increase blood glucose levels 2-3 hours after they are eaten. The lower the GI rating, the less of a spike in blood glucose levels you will have and subsequently a more stable energy level).
  • To see previous posts on benefits of oatmeal such as mood-boosting benefitsbreakfast habitshealthy heart, and exercise tips please click the links.

I have made them:
With a scoop of white chocolate whey protein and a sliced banana.
With a scoop of white chocolate whey protein and some strawberries.
With a scoop of vanilla whey protein and some fresh strawberries and blueberries.
With a scoop of vanilla whey protein and lots of fresh blueberries.
With half a scoop vanilla whey protein, a splash of unsweetened vanilla almond milk, cinnamon, and sliced apple.
Yes, there is a theme here. I love my oats with whey protein and fruit. Fabulous. I'm also working on some recipes baking with Coach's Oats. I'll keep you posted.


I love these oats, I love the different texture, I love the taste, and I love the nutrition stats! The 1/4 cup (dry) packets I have: 120 calories, 20.25g Carb, 4.5g protein. And yes, I am completely satisfied with the above recipes with just 1/4 a cup of oats, I was surprised!


Have you tried Coach's Oats?


FTC Disclaimer: Yes the oats were sent to me free for review. No, I receive no compensation for gushing my passionate love for them. Opinions and obsessions are 100% my own.