I thought I'd share some recipes I've been working on.
First the cookie recipe...I still need to play with it a little, the consistency isn't quite right yet. As my kids say, they're too 'puffy'. But I liked them.
Puffy Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies:
- 1 1/4 cup Coach's Oats blended in blender to a flour consistency (you could substitute whole wheat flour, or flour of your choice, but hubby doesn't eat wheat)
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I used BSN Lean Dessert Protein in Whipped Vanilla Cream)
- 3 packets Truvia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1 mashed banana
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 Tblsp butter
- 4 Tblsp mini chocolate chips
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. I used about 1/2 tblsp of dough for each cookie which made about 30 cookies. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
I think they need a little less flour, but, if I perfect these, I'll be back with an update!
- 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I used the same as above)
- 1 cup Coach's Oats blended in blender to flour consistency
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup mashed bananas
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3/4 cup skim milk
- 1 egg
Put in paper muffin cups in muffin tin and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.
Now, I am at high altitude, so you may need to adjust the flour down a bit, depending where you live.
Happy healthy baking!