Protein Cookies and Protein Muffins

Today, my teen is sick, I was up for 2 hours with him in the middle of the night...I...am...exhausted. I'll be unplugging the rest of the day, but first...


I thought I'd share some recipes I've been working on. 


First the cookie recipe...I still need to play with it a little, the consistency isn't quite right yet. As my kids say, they're too 'puffy'. But I liked them.


Puffy Banana Chocolate Chip Protein Cookies:

  • 1 1/4 cup Coach's Oats blended in blender to a flour consistency (you could substitute whole wheat flour, or flour of your choice, but hubby doesn't eat wheat)
  • 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I used BSN Lean Dessert Protein in Whipped Vanilla Cream)
  • 3 packets Truvia
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 egg
  • 1 mashed banana
  • 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1 Tblsp butter
  • 4 Tblsp mini chocolate chips
Spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. I used about 1/2 tblsp of dough for each cookie which made about 30 cookies. Bake at 350 for 8-10 minutes.
I think they need a little less flour, but, if I perfect these, I'll be back with an update! 

Banana Muffins
  • 1 cup vanilla whey protein powder (I used the same as above)
  • 1 cup Coach's Oats blended in blender to flour consistency
  • 2 tsp baking powder
  • 1 cup mashed bananas
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 3/4 cup skim milk
  • 1 egg
Put in paper muffin cups in muffin tin and bake at 400 for 20 minutes.

Now, I am at high altitude, so you may need to adjust the flour down a bit, depending where you live. 

Happy healthy baking!