Fitfluential Ambassador Appication

If you haven't heard of Fitfluential, you should definitely check it out. 


For my application I would like to talk a little about my passion for fitness. In particular my passion for running.


I was never a runner. Never. Running the mile for the fitness test in high school was pure torture to me. 


I didn't start running until I was 30. It began as a simple mathematical equation: me+running=burning the most calories in the shortest amount of time. It was all about the weight loss.


Then I decided to try a 5k. That changed everything. And when I say everything, I mean my entire life.


My only goal for the 5k was to run the entire thing. Which I did. I didn't know if I could, I didn't believe in myself at all at that point in my life. Then, I crossed the finish line. I'd done it! I'd set a goal, I'd trained, I'd accomplished it. Somehow I changed that day. It seems impossible to even explain everything that was set in motion at that finish line. I began to believe in myself, I began to believe that I COULD. I began to allow myself to try. I began to face the fear that was strangling my life in so many areas. I began to become the me that I am today.


After that 5k I wanted more. I wanted to test this new found 'I can do anything' attitude. So...I signed up for a marathon. (Seriously, I do not suggest this people, it's what I did though). It was during marathon training that my running took a shift from a method of weight loss to a passion in my life. (FYI, marathon training is not a great way to lose weight, in 6 months of training I lost 5 pounds, lol, I ran that race 10-15 pounds heavier than I am now.)


I set a goal, I trained. I did it. Yes, I over-trained, hurt my hip, my time was horrible, blah, blah, blah, but you know what? I DID IT. And no one can take away what that did for me. I. Ran. A. Marathon. Me, this small town girl, stay at home mom, ran a marathon. 


That accomplishment watered the tiny seed of belief my first 5k had planted. Which has in turn flourished into the belief in myself that I have today. It's still a journey, a process, and I blog a lot about that, but running has forever changed me.


Today, running is my therapy, it's my me time, it's helped me find myself. I am a runner. There may be months at a time that life gets in the way and I don't squeeze one single run in, but I am a runner. I love that. I love what it's done in my life.


I have a passion for running, I have a passion for weights, I have a passion for fitness. As a lifestyle, not a fad. Sure, I'll try the latest and greatest and tell all about it on my blog, but while fitness fads may come and go: fitness is a lifestyle to me. Through my blog I hope to share this passion, this lifestyle and what it's done for me with others.


THAT is why I think I would make an amazing fitfluential ambassador.