Easy Paleo Trail Mix

I get asked a lot about what kind of snacks I eat on paleo. Especially easy grab and go paleo snacks. One of my family's favorite paleo-friendly snacks is trail mix. It's just so easy and so portable! I make this up and throw some in my purse, in the car, and have it at eye-level in the refrigerator. For myself (because I'm still trying to lose weight) I like to pre-portion it in 1/3 cup portions in a snack sized Ziploc.







Easy Paleo Trail Mix
1 cup almonds
1/2 cup golden raisins
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
Mix. Done.


This is my basic recipe. It's also good with other dried fruit like dried blueberries. Or, if I have some, I add 1/2 cup shelled pistachios. Sometimes as a treat I'll include 1/4 cup of dark chocolate chips (I don't keep it in the car if I add those, it'll melt) and use less raisins. You get the idea. It's a very flexible, filling, easy, never get bored with it snack!


What would you add?