Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Hype or Help: GNC Genetix HD

It's time for another Hype or Help Experiment! Not going to lie, I really enjoy doing these in depth reviews.
The last couple of months I've seen several friends talking about their experiences with a new supplement program from GNC called Genetix HD. 


I was intrigued.

By the end of Body Revolution my results were coming painstakingly slowly. Slow is fine, but I'm down to my last 10-15 pounds, I've been working my tail off, and my body is trying to plateau again. (I'm talking about overall body composition, not just the scale).

I refuse to give up on me. I will push past this!

Me being ever the researcher I began to research Genetix HD. 

I started googling the ingredients in it and pouring over reviews. I read everything I could find. Most of the ingredients I've heard of before. Some I've even taken before; like green tea, CLA, and L-Carnitine.

Then, I saw an article in the July/August issue of Muscle & Fitness Hers discussing The Best Supplements For Your Goals. It discussed several of the ingredients in these products. 

After all my research I decided I wanted to try it. Since my food and my workouts are on point, and I want to push through this fat loss plateau, I'm going to give Genetix HD a shot.
The products I'll be testing.
I was thinking about starting a new workout program with this as well. To shake things up all the way around. Or maybe I'll do another round of Body Revolution. Not sure as I write this, but I will be doing some combination of cardio and weights. My diet will be around 1500 calories, and of course paleo.

I'll be checking in once a week on Wednesdays and sharing my workouts, food overview, and measurements.

My Beginning Stats:
Weight 160
Waist 29

Right Thigh 19

Right Calf 13

Right Arm 11 1/4

Bust 37 1/4
Hips 38 1/2


I'm not looking for miracles; I simply want to make the most out of my efforts. Will this help? Will it make a difference? 
Is Genetix HD hype...or help? Let's find out!


**UPDATES:


Disclaimer: I was sent this product for review. As always opinions are 100% honest and my own.
I am not a nutritionist, trainer, or medical professional.