Body After Baby - Losing The Baby Weight - 3 Weeks Postpartum

Finally! My first Body After Baby post. I've been looking forward to this series for months, but seriously: Holy. Cow. It's amazing how the addition of one so little (and cute, don't forget cute) has changed so much. I've been struggling for a week and a half to get this post together! I originally hoped to get a 2 week postpartum post up. Ah well...
#BabyO arrived June 25th!
The first 2 weeks postpartum my only focus was resting, healing, and bonding with baby. No housework, no exercise (not even walks) midwife's orders (because I had an increased risk of uterine prolapse). 

Not going to lie: it was kind of nice. Hubby cooked amazing healthy meals for me, cleaned, took care of the older kids, and did the grocery shopping... and I took care of baby and rested. Bliss.

Once I hit the 2 week mark (which was last Monday) I had the OK to do 20 minute easy walks. I can also do some gentle postnatal yoga. It may not sound like much, but I am so glad to be able to MOVE this body again! Oh yes, and hubby is terribly happy I can cook and clean again as well.

Today I'm at 3 weeks postpartum. My weight has leveled off from losing the initial weight we tend to lose post-baby. It seems a good time to share my stats. 

My starting stats:
Weight: 195
Bust: 44 1/2
Waist: 37
Hips: 44
Clothing Size: 13/14
3 weeks postpartum. July 15, 2013.
Not going to lie, it's really hard to post that before pic, but I know the after will make me glad I did. I'm not going to be disappointed with where I am. I did my best to stay healthy through the pregnancy and I am where I am. Time to kick butt from here!

I have 30-ish pounds to lose. While I still can't do the workouts I'm used to (plyo, HIIT, tabata...) until 6 weeks, I'm focusing on what I CAN do: I can walk, do gentle yoga, and watch my eating.

My goals for this week are:
  1. Drink more water. Since I'm breastfeeding this is important and I've been doing a terrible job of it. I'm aiming for 3 liters a day.
  2. Walk 20 minutes most days. 
  3. Postnatal yoga 2 or 3 times.
  4. Track my food. I just want to see where I'm at right now. Then, if I need to tweak my calorie level, etc I'll go from there.
  5. Bring variety back! I've gotten into a bit of a food rut.
How about you? What are your health and fitness goals this week?




Disclaimer: I am not a trainer, doctor, or any type of health professional. What you read is not advice. Always check with your doctor or midwife for what is best for you.