|#BabyO arrived June 25th!|
Not going to lie: it was kind of nice. Hubby cooked amazing healthy meals for me, cleaned, took care of the older kids, and did the grocery shopping... and I took care of baby and rested. Bliss.
Once I hit the 2 week mark (which was last Monday) I had the OK to do 20 minute easy walks. I can also do some gentle postnatal yoga. It may not sound like much, but I am so glad to be able to MOVE this body again! Oh yes, and hubby is terribly happy I can cook and clean again as well.
Today I'm at 3 weeks postpartum. My weight has leveled off from losing the initial weight we tend to lose post-baby. It seems a good time to share my stats.
My starting stats:
Bust: 44 1/2
Clothing Size: 13/14
|3 weeks postpartum. July 15, 2013.|
I have 30-ish pounds to lose. While I still can't do the workouts I'm used to (plyo, HIIT, tabata...) until 6 weeks, I'm focusing on what I CAN do: I can walk, do gentle yoga, and watch my eating.
My goals for this week are:
- Drink more water. Since I'm breastfeeding this is important and I've been doing a terrible job of it. I'm aiming for 3 liters a day.
- Walk 20 minutes most days.
- Postnatal yoga 2 or 3 times.
- Track my food. I just want to see where I'm at right now. Then, if I need to tweak my calorie level, etc I'll go from there.
- Bring variety back! I've gotten into a bit of a food rut.
How about you? What are your health and fitness goals this week?
Disclaimer: I am not a trainer, doctor, or any type of health professional. What you read is not advice. Always check with your doctor or midwife for what is best for you.