Review: Caveman Cookies

Disclaimer: I was sent the following product by Puritan's Pride. As always opinions are 100% honest and my own. Ingredients and nutrition facts are taken from the packaging I have. As such things can change be sure to read your own labels. 

Ok, so cavemen did not likely have cookies, but folks following the Paleo diet sometimes get a hankering for something sweet and cookie-like. When I saw these I had to try them.

I'm a firm believer that Paleo treats should be just that: treats. That said, treats like these definitely have a place in my family's pantry.

These range from 130 to 150 calories for 2 cookies and 10 to 14 grams of sugar.

From my most favorite (the top 3 are pretty much tied for most-favorite) to least:

Ingredients: maple syrup, organic honey, almond meal, pecan meal, dried cranberries (cranberries, apple juice concentrate, sunflower oil), pumpkin seeds, spices
Ingredients: organic honey, almond meal, walnuts, raisins, ginger, nutmeg, cinnamon
Ingredients: honey, almond meal, brazil nut meal, chopped almonds, dried cherries (cherries, sunflower oil), nutmeg, cayenne pepper

Ingredients: almond meal, organic honey, unsulfured coconut, macadamia nuts, ginger
Ingredients: organic honey, almond meal, raw cacao powder, cashews, chia seeds, pure vanilla extract, cinnamon, chili powder
Ingredients: organic honey, hazelnut meal, almond meal, ground carob
My Thoughts
I liked these. Make no mistake, these do not taste anything like a traditional cookie. But if you're Paleo and craving something sweet I think you'll appreciate the taste and the clean ingredients. To me the first three taste like a cross between a chewy oatmeal cookie and a larabar-like concoction. The Tropical taste like a chewy coconut cookie. The Mayan and Alpine I can't quite explain...

I madly loved the New World, Original, and Rainforest. I liked the Tropical and Mayan. The Alpine weren't a favorite.

My only complaint would be they are a bit too sweet. Now, that's me and my sugar-detoxed taste buds. Just be aware that honey or maple syrup is the first ingredient in most.

Overall, I loved them, my husband loved them, my kids loved the first three kinds I listed...

We'll buy them and I would recommend them as a Paleo treat.


Have you ever tried these?