Green Tea and Melon Post-Workout Smoothie Recipe



As I’ve recently amped up my workout schedule I’m also paying closer attention to my nutrition, especially when it comes to properly fueling and recovering from workouts. This smoothie recipe is perfect for post-workout. It's packed with great stuff like green tea and protein. Plus, it’s delicious! Can’t beat that. I love it post-workout, but it's great anytime.

I would not call this recipe strict Paleo as it uses whey protein. I realize that some Paleo folks don’t use protein powder at all, but I do. I find it a quick and easy way to boost my protein. Plus, I just plain enjoy it in my smoothies!

When looking for a protein powder I prefer a good, clean whey protein or collagen. If you don’t tolerate dairy try substituting collagen powder for the whey I’ve used.


Ingredients
½ cup boiling water
½ cup Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Breeze
1 heaping cup frozen melon balls (I use honeydew, but any will work)
1 serving vanilla whey protein powder


Directions
In a separate cup pour boiling water over the tea bag and cover with a saucer. Let steep for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool.

In your blender add the cooled tea, almond milk, and protein powder. Blend. Next, add the frozen melon balls slowly. Blend well.


Boost it!
Give this recipe a boost by adding 2 teaspoons of Kale Powder.



How do you fuel post-workout?