I got on the scale the other day. It pretty much scared the crap out of me...
Since then I've been thinking, praying, wondering, pondering, and meditating on what real, lasting change looks like. Pre-baby #4 I really felt I was there. Or maybe I just liked what my scale said.
This post isn't about answers to my pondering though, for I have none as of yet. This post is more about seeking those answers in this shiny New Year.
One thing I know for sure is this: I need to change my focus.
I've read a lot lately on change and focus and life. Something I read the other day jumped off the page at me. It's nothing new, but it clicked into place for me in relation to my health and fitness journey. It said that what we focus on magnifies. Hmmm.
I've decided to change my focus this year. Instead of focusing on what I can't have or can't do, instead of focusing on what I need less of or what I need to take away, I'm going to focus on more.
What I want more of, what I need more of, what I will do more of. More.
This post needs a list, right? My MORE's for 2016:
- MORE RUNNING. Oh that I could make that a bolder bold. I need more running. I want more running. More running it shall be! Two things I've done: 1. I bought a 26.2 sticker for the back of my car. Silly maybe, but I've always wanted one and I just needed to remind myself of who I am. 2. I signed up for a 1,000 km in 2016 challenge <<
- MORE VEGGIES. Lots more. Especially salads and green vegetables. They were a very central part of my diet, but have slid to a lesser place since moving. Vegetables. Yum.
- MORE STEPS. As I said in an earlier post, my steps were horribly low back in the rental. I want to keep increasing my activity. Gradually throughout the year. And keep it up. Right now I'm going for 12,000 steps a day. More steps, yes please.
- MORE VARIETY. In so many ways. I got in such a rut in our little rental house. A rut with workouts, a rut with the same meals, same meals, same meals. More workout variety. More meal planning. More new Paleo recipe trying. Variety.
- MORE GRATITUDE. My mother in law gave me a gratitude journal and I want to use it. More. Consistently. I used to do this and have slid away. More gratitude. More thankfulness. More appreciation.
- MORE OUTSIDE FAMILY ACTIVITY TIME. Again, something that had slid a bit back in the rental place. Now that we're here on 8 acres (and in Idaho with so much opportunity for outside shenanigans!), more outside, more activity as a family, more play.
- MORE INSTAGRAM. Um, what? How is this remotely related? Well, let me explain. I love Instagram. I have some amazingly motivational friends over there. I love scrolling through their post-race selfies on the weekends. Their NSV's during the week. Their post-workout sweaty faces... Also, I just love Instagram for connecting and sharing and staying accountable. For 2016 I may blog slightly less, and IG much more. It just fits me. MORE IG. Who knew?
How about you? What do you want more of in 2016?